The deadline for applying for fall admission to the History M.A. program is February 15. Students who wish to apply for Sonoma State University fellowships are encouraged to have their applications complete by January 15, so they can be provided with SSU log-in credentials prior to the fellowship deadline.
- Apply for admission to Sonoma State University through Cal State Apply.
- You will be asked to submit a complete set of official transcripts, sent under registrar’s seal, from all undergraduate institutions to Sonoma State University.
- You will be prompted for the email addresses of two persons who can write letters of recommendation on your behalf.
- Sit for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
- Request that your scores be sent to Sonoma State University.
- You should take the exam no later than mid-January due to the February 15 application deadline.
Please be advised that the February 15 deadline is firm. Applications that are incomplete after the deadline will not be considered. All transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation must be received prior to the deadline.